We began as a family business in south Arkansas in 1970 as Calhoun Heating & Air Conditioning. 2006 brought the relocation to Northwest Arkansas and today we are NWA Cooling & Heating. The Calhoun family has served the families of Arkansas for 52 years and will continue with the 3rd generation of the family entering the industry. Over the years we have serviced all brands of HVAC equipment and refrigeration systems.
We provide residential and commercial service of the following: conventional cooling & heating systems, heat pumps, geothermal heat pumps and mini-split heat pumps. We service all brands of HVAC equipment.
We are dealers for Champion, Rheem, Carrier, American Standard, Samsung and Bosch (Geothermal) HVAC equipment and Generac Whole Home Generators.
We also provide service for commercial refrigeration and ice machines. We service all brands.
Arkansas Class A HVAC/R: 104418
EPA Section 608: ID#06940650 (since 9/30/1993)
Who We Are
- Incorporated July 1, 1970
- Became the first Trane dealer south of Little Rock
- Formed a subsidiary company, South Arkansas Supply to be a distributor for Trane residential products in South Arkansas and North Louisiana
- Patented design for shredded blown foam insulation in 1980
- Became a Lennox dealer in 1990
- Designed an ultra low temperature industrial cascade refrigeration system for the manufacturing of HF
- Thomas Calhoun Sr was a founding member of the Arkansas Heat Pump Association (now the Arkansas HVAC Association)
- Thomas Calhoun Sr was one of the creators of the law that created HVAC licensing in the state of Arkansas
- Certified IAQ Specialists in 1992
- Thomas Calhoun Sr retired in 2001
- Tom Calhoun Jr took over ownership and operation 2001
- Sold to another local company in 2006
- 2006 Relocated to NW Arkansas
- Arkansas HVAC/R Class A license 0104418
- First Day of Operation as NWA Cooling & Heating – May 1, 2018
- Began as a York Certified Comfort Specialist
- Switched to being a Champion Certified Comfort Specialist in 2020
- Added Bosch geothermal products in 2020
- 2021 Record revenue growth
- 2022 Another year of record revenue growth
- Became a Carrier dealer in 2023
- Incorporated as a C Corporation in 2023
- Began actively offering service agreements and duct cleaning in 2023