We buy a lot of things for our homes that we just install and never think about. Your generator should not be one of them.
Your car gets regular service, your generator should too…
This may sound like sarcasm, but it’s not. You would be surprised at the similarities between your car and you generator. Your generator is powered by a natural gas engine that is almost identical to what is in your car. But it doesn’t run as much as your car. Very true, but it still operates weekly during an exercise cycle. Annual maintenance should be performed to make sure its ready to go for when you really need it most.
The benefits of annual maintenance are:
- to ensure that your generator is ready when you depend on it
- to reduce the chance of failure
- to save you money by reducing expensive repairs due to neglect
- to keep the fuel system operating properly
To put it simply, not performing annual maintenance can lead to a premature catastrophic failure for your generator. Don’t wait until you have a power outage to find out your generator isn’t working properly.
What is done for annual maintenance?
Our technicians will begin with an overall check of your generator. Then they perform a list that may vary slightly among brands but generally includes the following:
- Inspection of wiring for burned or discolored areas
- Clean debris from cabinet
- Replace spark plugs
- Test battery
- Replace oil
- Replace oil filter
- Replace air filter
- Replace gaskets provided in manufacturers annual kit
- Test fuel pressure for natural or LP gas
Help keep your generator working worry free until next year.Call Us Today at (479) 579-8728